Sunday, May 30, 2010

good-bye ( for a little while) part two

tomorrow my husband and i leave for raleigh again. we will be spending the night at the same apartment ( in my daughters apartment complex) that we did last time. my doctors appointment is tuesday at 1pm, but i have to go to the hospital to get blood work done before my appointment.i will then meet with my surgeon so he can go over just what all he did to me.hahahahahah. i will find out about the biopsies, and hopefully if my precious,remaining two little parathyroids decided to stay with me or not.i sure hope so. not to complain, but 12 tums per day is so hard to do! they make me slightly nauseous. but my husband says he loves to see the face i make when i chew them up.haha.

also, i am going to try to fight for some more time off. two weeks is just not enough of a rest after this surgery. i do not know who in the insurance world decided two weeks was o.k. but i can bet you anything they have not had the surgery done themselves. my voice is a little better today.that is very good news, but now  i probably can not do voice overs for "froggy".. if i have to take unpaid leave. oh, well, things will work out how they are supposed to, i guess.

i found a pretty neat website yesterday. it is : choosehope.com. it seems every type of cancer has its color.of course everyone knows breast cancer is pink,but did you know that multiple myeloma is  burgundy? my cancer was the only one with three colors: teal-pink-purple. i guess they ran out of single colors at this point??! you can order merchandise from there and they donate a part of it to cancer research. i ordered a bracelet and lapel pin.shipping was under 3 dollars, which was nice. it seems to be a pretty good website.

thanks again to all of my friends and family  for being so supportive and praying for me. i will let you know how things went just as soon as i get back!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading through your blog. I hope that you were able to get more than 2 weeks off. I am a teacher and have two kids (2 1/2 and 8 months) and was home for 3 weeks. I found out after I went back that my doctor had actually written me off for 4 weeks! Aaack! Had I known, I would have taken it too!

    ReplyDelete