Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Ground control to Major Tom, take your protein pill and put your helmet on. ground control to major tom, commencing countdown, engines on. ....i'm stepping through the door and i'm floating in a most peculiar way, and the stars look very different today. ground control to major tom. your circuits dead, there's something wrong, can you hear me major tom? can you hear me major tom? can you......" Space Oddity by david bowie

i certainly have felt like i was floating alone in the universe without my internet! and to think that i imagined that i did not really need a computer! i finally got my internet service fixed and running as of yesterday. i can get back in touch with my email friends, work on my blog again( i have really missed it!), and oh yes, delete some of those 400 or so emails that i now  have in my inbox.

i hope that several of you have checked out the new website i mentioned last time: thethyroidnecklace.com.
wendy and i sincerely hope that this will be a help to others and maybe offer a little hope and comfort. i am excited about this project, and pray that it will be successful. a friend/co-worker of mine is purchasing a necklace in memory of her mother, who died of thyroid cancer. i asked her to write a little something about her mother, and we will include this in our website for the next necklace recipient.i think that this is a great idea- to purchase a necklace for  another thyroid cancer patient in honor or memory of a loved one.

today was my ONE YEAR CANCER FREE ANNIVERSARY!! yes, this time last year, i was in surgery. i was in a very good mood today at work. most places are better than the OR, right? i have an awfully lot to be thankful for- my family and friends have been so very  good to me. i have been so fortunate to have been able to write this blog-i hope that it has helped others as much as it has helped me. i have made so many great "internet friends". it is so good to be able to talk about thyroid cancer with other thyroid cancer patients. you guys just get it- like no one else does.

my husband sent me flowers to help me celebrate. he has been so supportive, i just can not thank him enough. i hope that every thyroid cancer patient, or any kind of cancer patient, has someone who will be there for them. someone who will offer unconditional love and support. i have realized this year just how much i needed those two things, and how appreciative i am of them.

well, it is good to be back on-line. i also had to miss zumba a couple of times because i hurt one of my knees( doing zumba). i have made friends with my knee brace, which i now  do not forget to wear to zumba, even though it sort of shows( i think) under my exercise pants. the combo of not being able to blog, email or go to zumba was almost too much!! i think that i might have been a little grumpy during those two weeks or so. if my husband noticed, he did not say. see what i mean? he is the greatest. thanks,sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment