Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Results blog, part one...

Well, I had hoped to wrap things up for a little while with this" results" blog. But is seems there has been a little snafu. My appointment with my endocrinologist was for 9AM on February 13th, in Raleigh, NC which is about 4 and 1/2 hours from where I live. I do not mind the drive because my husband and I get to spend the night with our daughter and her family, so it is something to look forward to. Since my appointment was to be so early, we left the day before and spent the night with our daughter so that we did not have to get up in the dark, drive in rush hour traffic, etc. Turns out, my doctor was sick the day before and had to leave work. Her nurse called my home phone number and left a message for me saying that  I would have to reschedule my appointment. Why the nurse did not call my cell phone is a mystery, but we did enjoy our visit with our daughter and her family.

On the day of my " supposed " appointment", I went to my endocrinologist's office expecting an office visit, and boy were they surprised to see me! I did not get upset, but the receptionist looked a little uneasy when I was trying to check in. He called for backup- it seems he did not know exactly what to do. Long story short, I ended up making another appointment with my endocrinologist's PA, as my doctor's schedule was too full to squeeze me in any time soon. I did get to talk to her nurse, at my request, and I received a copy of my lab work. My TSH is still too low, and my T4 is too high. For some reason, they did not test my T3 which is unusual. My thyroglobulins are still low, so that is good. My doctor went ahead and lowered my dose of Levoxyl, from my blood work results, so I am trying to get used to that dosage change. My physician reduced my dosage down  from 125mcg to 112mcg. It does not sound like a lot does it? But for those of us with thyroid disease, especially those of us living without a thyroid, dosage changes are quite a challenge. Just a few micrograms difference can really take some getting used to. So, I am tired and a little cranky. I am having a little brain fog and I am not sure that this side effect is just the case with me, but I am more accident prone. Perhaps it is the brain fog, but we have  had to stock up on bandaids.

So, I see the endocrinologist's PA on March 1st for " my results, part two." Not sure what the PA is going to do, and I am a little nervous because this will be the first time that I have seen him. If he does not suggest this, I am going to ask for a blood work order so that I can see what my levels are in three months. By that time,  I should hopefully be adjusted to my new dose, feeling better- less brain fog and- I will not be requiring as many bandaids. Never a dull moment. But the good part is that I get to see my daughter and her family sooner than I had expected. Still Pollyanna...

No comments:

Post a Comment